Friday, July 24, 2009

We met before the word "good-bye",
was such a common thing,
A marine fiance was something,
I never wanted to be.

But we fell in love that wintry night,
then you decided to enlist,
to provide a better future,
and you gave me one last kiss.

Three months went by,
the hardest of my life,
reading letters of hardships,
and other recruit strife.

Then Graduation Day did finally come,
my excitement would not rest,
but the loving passionate man he left,
seemed now so emotionless.

But after some home cooked meals,
and a little TLC,
things went back to normal,
until he had to leave.

And yet again we'd say good-bye,
we'd smile and hold back tears,
something we would have to do,
for at least the next five years.

But I don't think I'll ever get used,
to always being left behind,
and trying to be strong when I hear,
him cry on the other line.

But all these hardships and military life,
will only make us stronger,
and in the end our faith, determination,
and love will always conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment